Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
When the iPad is being used as a sidecar, there is an icon in the top left corner that is suppose to do something with the menu bar. I've tried "Displays have separate Spaces" on and off and I've tried Photoshop full screen mode in various different ways and I can't get the icon to do anything. The arrow flips from up to down to up but nothing changes with the menus.

IMG_0037.PNG

My pain point is actually when Photoshop pops up a dialog box, it is always on my main display which isn't where I'm looking.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
That button should be showing or hiding the menu bar when an app is in full screen mode. I noticed the menu bar isn't showing in your screenshot. Do you have "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" checked in Settings - perhaps that could be interfering with it? Does it work with other apps, like Safari?

pedzsan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Leander, TX
That button should be showing or hiding the menu bar when an app is in full screen mode. I noticed the menu bar isn't showing in your screenshot. Do you have "Automatically hide and show the menu bar" checked in Settings - perhaps that could be interfering with it? Does it work with other apps, like Safari?
Thank you!

Safari works different and it makes sense now. Safari's green dot in the upper left corner is the "new" type with something that kinda looks like "><". You can click and hold on it and a menu pops up like the Apple help page says it should. The Photoshop green dot is the older style with just a "+". So, my guess is that Photoshop hasn't updated to a newer API.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.