Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
I ripped off the tab on my 2008 Unibody Macbook, and now I can't get my battery out, and for some odd reason can't get my ram module installed probably because of this?

Last edited:

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Have you got a plastic spudger tool? If so you might be able to use it to carefully lever it out without causing any damage...

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I can't tell for certain from the pictures, but you do still have the tab that's used to open the bottom door flipped open, right? That holds the battery in too, even when the cover is removed.

Tip: if it doesn't feel like it wants to come out easily, it's probably not ready to come out yet and you should look for what's holding it in place.

jW

biohead

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
West Drayton, UK
As Mal said, the mechanism for removing the battery cover must be in the unlocked position otherwise it's also holding the battery in place.

Also, that stick of RAM doesn't look like it's seated properly - you can see more of the contacts at the top end of the stick.

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
As Mal said, the mechanism for removing the battery cover must be in the unlocked position otherwise it's also holding the battery in place.

Also, that stick of RAM doesn't look like it's seated properly - you can see more of the contacts at the top end of the stick.

Yeah double check the locking mechanism for the battery bay cover.

Also the ram may look misaligned but that black strip covering the contacts might also be misaligned. i noticed that a few times on macbooks/pros upgrading memory that some of the serial number strips on the memory module area arent aligned exactly on there.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Yeah double check the locking mechanism for the battery bay cover.

Also the ram may look misaligned but that black strip covering the contacts might also be misaligned. i noticed that a few times on macbooks/pros upgrading memory that some of the serial number strips on the memory module area arent aligned exactly on there.

Thats another problem I booted up my Macbook and only 4 gb's of ram was showing so I reopened it to find that the bottom ram was not seated, I cant get it to seat therre is no room to move it, why is that?

EDIT:

The ram stick just needed a little wiggling to get it back up and pushed in properly, and the hard drive lock latch was locked.

Thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.