Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m1maverick

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2020
According to Microsoft this should be an easy process: Export contacts to OLM file, copy to new system, and import the OLM file into Outlook 365. The export process went fine however I am unable to import the OLM file on the new version of Outlook because it's unavailable (i.e. grayed out). A search of the Internet reveals what it typically reveals with Microsoft product problems...a bunch of worthless advice.

Does anyone know why the import / export features of Outlook 365 are greyed out and, more importantly, how to fix it? I am running Outlook 365 version 16.58 on macOS Catalina (version 10.15.7). As far as I know both are as up to date as possible at the time I've posted this.

m1maverick

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2020
I figured it out. The problem is with the "New Outlook" which, for reasons unknown, disables the import and export functionality. Switching back to the "Old" Outlook enabled the functionality and I was able to proceed with the import.

Reactions: circatee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.