Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexey Ischenko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2016
I just received SAMSUNG SM951 AHCI. I never used SSD before and I not strongly understand computers. I am a musician. I very need your advices. TRIM...to be or not to be, cashing in internet browsers etc. Write me please step by step what I need to do after installation in SLOT? I will install Sierra.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
OK. The Lycom will work fine. Install in slots 3 or 4 (the top two). And YES, enable TRIM. Either with the Terminal or with TRIM Enabler or Disk Sensei. It's P&P.

Lou

Reactions: ActionableMango

mpta

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2013
When you will install please let me know if the drive icon is orange. If yes is it also orange on macOS? Good luck!

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
When you will install please let me know if the drive icon is orange. If yes is it also orange on macOS? Good luck!
Drives mounted on PCIe cards in the cMacPro slots are considered "external" drives to macOS and OS X and therefore will by default appear as orange external drives. You can change the drive icon to something more of your liking if you wish.

Alexey Ischenko

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2016
Yes, it looks as external drive, but bootable!
[doublepost=1481840442][/doublepost]
Снимок экрана 2016-12-16 в 00.07.09.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.