Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigxMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I have a Late-2005 G4 Mac Mini running Leopard which originally shipped with Tiger. I can't find the original install discs anywhere. What is the best/easiest way to perform a clean install of it's original OS similar to Internet Recovery? Ik internet recovery doesn't exist for it. Is there a reputable site with an image I can somehow boot into? How would I go about this? Would also like to install developer tools if possible.

Thanks in advance!

TheShortTimer

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2017
London, UK
I have a Late-2005 G4 Mac Mini running Leopard which originally shipped with Tiger. I can't find the original install discs anywhere. What is the best/easiest way to perform a clean install of it's original OS similar to Internet Recovery? Ik internet recovery doesn't exist for it. Is there a reputable site with an image I can somehow boot into? How would I go about this? Would also like to install developer tools if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately there's no Internet Recovery option available for PPC Macs - or even the earlier generation of Intel Macs, for that matter. You can download the image for Leopard from here - courtesy of the Macintosh Garden, which is an extremely reputable site for obtaining Mac software. ;)

Do you have a Mac with Toast installed to burn the Leopard DVD? If not, the freeware program Burn can be used instead. Don't forget to ensure that you have a dual layer disc if you decide to choose the 7GB image!

Reactions: B S Magnet

BigxMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 15, 2015
I was able to install, Thank You! The install was very bare bones and just has the basic apps. I can get iWork, iLife, Xcode etc from Macintosh Garden yes?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.