Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hey guys, glad to see some of you are still here, @eyoungren I see you :)

So I just ordered an iPhone SE 2020 and of course want to jailbreak it. Not sure what OS it will be running but I figure 13.something and want to hit the ground running once it arrives. Can you all please let me know the best way to jailbreak this phone? Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hey guys, glad to see some of you are still here, @eyoungren I see you :)

So I just ordered an iPhone SE 2020 and of course want to jailbreak it. Not sure what OS it will be running but I figure 13.something and want to hit the ground running once it arrives. Can you all please let me know the best way to jailbreak this phone? Thanks in advance for your help.
Take a look at the matrix: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/wiki/escapeplan/guides/jailbreakcharts

But if you are on anything above 13.5 you're out of luck. Maybe there's something for iOS 14, but IDK.

Reactions: blueflower

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hey everyone got it today and it's on 13.5.1.
Do you guys think a JB will come out for 13.5.1 or is it more likely that one will come out for 13.7 or 14? Currently, the iPhone is showing that an update is available to 13.7. I'm so annoyed right now we all no an unbroken iPhone is absolutely no fun and less productive too.

Last edited:

Pangu103

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2017
Hey everyone got it today and it's on 13.5.1.
Do you guys think a JB will come out for 13.5.1 or is it more likely that one will come out for 13.7 or 14? Currently, the iPhone is showing that an update is available to 13.7. I'm so annoyed right now we all no an unbroken iPhone is absolutely no fun and less productive too.

It's unlikely but staying lower is always better.

Reactions: blueflower

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hey guys is there anyway to install 13.5.5 Beta 1 on the iPhone SE 2020? I see where the uncover team said that it can be jailbroken under their tested devices.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hi bumping this again almost two months now without a jailbreak. Please chime in if you think I should stay on 13.5.1 and wait some more or hedge by bet on a JB coming out for 14? It seems the SE is a problematic phone to jailbreak I am even wondering if I should try and sell it. Bite my lip and shake out my purse to get the 12 mini since if that gets a JB faster. I cannot stand using a non JB iphone no youtube background playing on stock WTF I can't believe stock is so bad.

Capeto

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2015
I had previously jailbroken my SE 2020 on 13.5 with minimal issues (nothing out of the ordinary when dealing with jailbroken devices).

I wouldn't bet on an iOS 13.5.1+ or iOS 14 jailbreak coming out anytime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.