Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzzai

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Canada
hey guys, in my PB 15", i had to change the name of my wireless network one day as it just would not join it. now, my mac wont join the wireless network automaticly, i have to tell it to join it.

in the settings, i do have the check mark that states to join last good network, or what not. but it still doesn't

is there another setting i overlooked at all?

thanks

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
There are two places to set which network to join (that I've found), in System Preferences -> Network -> Show: AirPort, and in Internet Connect -> AirPort. (The second might be the culprit in your case, where the old network name might be chosen...)

I've never quite figured out which override which, so I've just set up both in a way that works very well at home and on my regular places, but I still find new networks if I'm out and about.

In System Preferences I've got a list of Preferred Networks with my main home network on top. In Internet Connect I've just added my main home network. That seem to work...

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 59
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.