Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wanderinglight

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
This is driving me crazy! I don't want sound alerts from any of my notifications except for my alarm. But it seems to be all or nothing when choosing settings. I'm assuming I go to sounds & haptics, then change the slider. But if it's in Silent mode, my alarm doesn't make a sound. But if I turn the volume up, then suddenly I'm getting alerts for everything...including the dreaded BREATHE.

Would love some help!

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
This is driving me crazy! I don't want sound alerts from any of my notifications except for my alarm. But it seems to be all or nothing when choosing settings. I'm assuming I go to sounds & haptics, then change the slider. But if it's in Silent mode, my alarm doesn't make a sound. But if I turn the volume up, then suddenly I'm getting alerts for everything...including the dreaded BREATHE.

Would love some help!
In the phone’s watch app, go to each individual app and change the notification setting from “mirror iPhone” to custom, then there you can adjust haptic notifications and sound notifications independently for each app (calendar, mail, iMessage, etc).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.