Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Hello to everyone ?
How am i supposed to know if my iPhone XS Max has a Genuine OLED screen? And how to know if you got a "fake OLED" screen? Because i bought this as 2nd hand. I really have no idea if my OLED screen is Original or Fake, is there a way out to find out?

-Thank you so much!

tRYSIS3

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
Display a 100% black image, if you see light coming out of the screen then it’s not OLED.

Reactions: Aljon

paraskhosla160

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2019
Hello to everyone
How am i supposed to know if my iPhone XS Max has a Genuine OLED screen? And how to know if you got a "fake OLED" screen? Because i bought this as 2nd hand. I really have no idea if my OLED screen is Original or Fake, is there a way out to find out?

-Thank you so much!
You should have checked this before buying. U should Google about ur problem.

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
3uTools can tell if any part of the phone is not original. Download it and see.

Aljon

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2019
Display a 100% black image, if you see light coming out of the screen then it’s not OLED.
If i view my phone with white color to downward and upward to sideward theres a slightly blu'ish is this normal?

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
If i view my phone with white color to upward sideward theres a slightly blu'ish is this normal?

All OLED panels shift blue.

Only way to determine if you have an OEM Apple display is to open it up and look for logos on the flex connectors.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Just check the phones serial number on Apples website.

This is not accurate. A ‘Phone’ serial number indicates the phone unit device itself, not the display part number. You would actually need the actual part number off the display to confirm if it’s an OEM Apple OLED display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.