Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Hope this is considered the appropriate forum for this post, there's no CarPlay forum surprisingly. I just got a new car with CarPlay, I actually like it a lot (both the car and CarPlay.) One thing I can't figure out is how to know if an app supports CarPlay? In the app store you can see which devices an app is optimized for and works with, even if an Apple Watch version is included. But there is no similar indicator for CarPlay. Is there something I'm missing to make this easy to determine?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I don't own a car with CarPlay but i do agree with you that it would be good to see immediately in the App Store if an an app supports CarPlay or not (as with Apple Watch it is shown). I did found a list here but i don't know if it's still up to date. The list seems very short. In the response to the article i did saw that TuneIn Radio (free, pro), Radioplayer (UK) and Overcast also support CarPlay. I think it would be a good idea to have this topic changed to a wiki to have a list untill there is something in place in the App Store to determine it.

Reactions: docprego
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.