Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vannix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
Hello guys, It may seems absurd, but I find FCPX a lot faster and easier for editing audio regions... I really like how precise it is when skimming audio frame by frame with arrow keys, it is excellent to audition beats in the audio and make good flawless comping.

Can't find anything similar in Logic Pro X, and yesterday I had to export a track from it and import it in FCPX to do a complex edit, I find this incredible.

Is there any option that I am missing? I tried scrubbing audio (useless), or simply moving play points with the marquee and arrow keys...

Thanks so much in advance

rondo

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2007
There are keyboard shortcuts for forward and rewind the playhead by transient. Would that help?

⌃, and ⌃.

infinitejest

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2016
Orange County, CA
Hi,

Yes, audio scrubbing is what you're looking for. In order for it to work, you have to press the pause button first before you can "scrub". So make sure the pause button is in your control bar, or if not, click right click on it and customize it or set a shortcut for the pause button.

vannix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 11, 2010
There are keyboard shortcuts for forward and rewind the playhead by transient. Would that help?

⌃, and ⌃.

Thanks, this is nice.. is like using arrows after placing the marquee tool on the region, but no way to audition the transients, am I wrong?

Hi,

Yes, audio scrubbing is what you're looking for. In order for it to work, you have to press the pause button first before you can "scrub". So make sure the pause button is in your control bar, or if not, click right click on it and customize it or set a shortcut for the pause button.
Yes thanks, I enabled the pause button and tried changing the scrubbing settings (fast, slow etc.), but what I get isn't really useful in auditioning the audio. I can't find a way to scrub in a useful manner using keyboard shortcuts, e.g. frame by frame o by transient, like in FCPX

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.