Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piblondin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
How can I have all my email from a given account downloaded and available offline on my iPad? I was hoping that being able to do this would be an advantage of getting 2TB of storage, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to make it happen.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
Probably the way I would do this is from the Apple Mail app on my Mac. There, select a mail account for export to the Mac's hard drive or iCloud Drive, which should then be accessible from the Files app on the iPad. But just to be clear, all email is already downloaded on the iPad and accessible without having to be connected online.

Last edited:

piblondin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Probably the way I would do this is from the Apple Mail app on my Mac. There, select a mail account for export to the Mac's hard drive or iCloud Drive, which should then be accessible from the Files app on the iPad. But just to be clear, all email is already downloaded on the iPad and accessible without having to be connected online.
To clarify, I want the emails to be usable with the ability to read, search and reply to them. I have 25 years of email offline in Mail and Outlook on my Macs, and I want the same on my iPad.

My experience with email on the iPad is that is seems to only download the X most recent messages. I want all messages. Is that possible with Mail or any other iOS mail client?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Not possible with iPadOS Mail app. Possibly some 3rd party app will do it, but it’s not anything I care to do with my iPads so I’ve never researched it.

Mark Stone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2022
In its case.
How can I have all my email from a given account downloaded and available offline on my iPad? I was hoping that being able to do this would be an advantage of getting 2TB of storage, but I’m having trouble figuring out how to make it happen.
I use the free version of Outlook, where I monitor 5 email accounts, and all emails are already saved locally and are available (minus images/graphics) when the device is offline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.