Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrBananaPants

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2021
So I frequently enable DND so I don't get distracted and to hide my notifications from me (when DND is enabled, notifications are grouped in a "while in Do Not Disturb" section.

I have notification sounds disabled for some apps that I never want to make a notification sound (like Reddit). This means these apps won't make a notification sound even when DND is disabled.

My issue now is that these apps that are always silenced, don't get grouped in the "while in Do Not Disturb" group because DND did not have to silence these notifications: they're silent by default.

You can see this in the screenshot below, the Reddit notification is not grouped because DND did not need to silence it.
IMG_0229.PNG

Is there a way to way to have all notifications grouped in the "while in Do Not Disturb" tab? So also the notifications that are silent by default?

If I enable notification sounds for those apps like Reddit, they do get grouped in the "while in Do Not Disturb" tab.

So long story short, is there a way to hide / group all notifications so I don't get distracted when I (by accident) open the notification centre?

Brink_01

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2021
I'll go a little further and would like to hide the "While in...." notifications too.

All those modes are useless if they can’t hide notifications completely.

Deactivating notifications for each app is the only way I found but this can’t be it.
There isn’t even a shortcut that could help.

How is there no proper dnd mode?

Was it like that in iOS 14 too ?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.