Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Attached are screenshots of the Lock Screen and Home Screen on my phone. The Lock Screen is pretty bright overall, but the lower half includes a blue car. The date, time, and widgets are all a perfect shade of gray and easily visible. However, the carrier information, bars/wifi, and battery are white and are not at all legible. Home Screen has a dark image and obviously the icons are totally visible. Have tried switching to light mode from dark mode and nothing changes on the Lock Screen.

What can I do to make this information more visible, apart from changing to a dark wallpaper. ios15 does not have this issue, it's only on ios16.

1678232600760-vi.jpg

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Fiddle with Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size ... although these changes are system wide, not just lock screen.

kb2755

macrumors member
May 6, 2020
This is still an issue on iOS 17. Has anyone solved for this? When you try to manipulate a wallpaper on the Lock Screen, it adds a white gradient to the top half and completely washes out the status bar. Love the wallpaper setup I have, hate that I can't see any info at the top.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.