Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
I'm using on my iPhone a Plantronics corded headset which I very much prefer over my Bluetooth headset for longer phone calls while being at home. However, when this (corded) headset is connected to the phone it only rings through the headset and not through the speakers as well - and I therefore sometimes miss calls when I take off the headset and do not also disconnect it from the phone.

Is there any way to have the phone ring through the speakers as well when a corded headset is connected?

desertman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Arizona, USA
... you could try settings > general > accessibility > incoming calls > Speaker
Thank you! That works very well, at least for the ringing. I will see whether it means that also the calls themselves go to the speaker (instead of the headset only).

Cherry_Funding

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2018
I'm using on my iPhone a Plantronics corded headset which I very much prefer over my Bluetooth headset for longer phone calls while being at home. However, when this (corded) headset is connected to the phone it only rings through the headset and not through the speakers as well - and I therefore sometimes miss calls when I take off the headset and do not also disconnect it from the phone.

Is there any way to have the phone ring through the speakers as well when a corded headset is connected?
[doublepost=1516224631][/doublepost]On an Iphone6 its settings> general> accessibility> call audio routing- then select option Speaker. TaDa!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you! That works very well, at least for the ringing. I will see whether it means that also the calls themselves go to the speaker (instead of the headset only).
I know it's been a while since you've posted that, but does it actually work the way you hoped it would? Basically does it ring the phone speaker but the conversation itself would still happen over headphones, or does it just use speakerphone for the conversation (as the option suggests)?

That said, doesn't the phone ring through the phone speakers even with a headset connected (and that is basically only controlled by the mute switch on the side of the phone)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.