Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Hello, hope everyone is doing well.
After some time without an Apple Watch, I finally got a new one to be back on the Watch users.
This is probably me just being ignorant, but how the hell do I set sleep tracking manually on OS 9?
Like when I go to bed, I toggle sleep mode to enable sleep tracking.
I can set a schedule, but I don’t go to bed at the same time every night, so I would like to have manual control.

Thanks for the help.
Best wishes!

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Swipe up on the watch and select Sleep focus.
If the button is not available, click edit and add it.

tolili alert

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2022
Put any random sleep schedule.

Go to bed and just enable do not disturb mode or sleep mode or whatever mode you want.

If you wake before your schedule ends, you just have to wait until the watch ask you if you are awake. Then you have all sleep stages.

Reactions: papbot

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
As @tolili alert says just set a schedule. Whether you use it or not it will track. If you get up earlier as he mentioned it will ask if you’re awake. And my original scheduled time was 10:15pm but wound up in bed a little later than that and it automatically adjusted it to 10:30. I have do not disturb enabled for after 8:30pm and haven’t found any conflicts with this. I don’t ever manually enable sleep mode, with a schedule there is no need to ever do this. If you’re consistently going to bed earlier than what you have scheduled just adjust the schedule. It will adapt.

gdourado

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 22, 2010
Thanks for the replies!
I did as suggested and everything is now working good around my routine. :)

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.