Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B44dsh4h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2017
Hi

My wife has an iPhone 6 16gb. Recently, the storage is getting full meaning i have to play around with deleting things from it. It mainly has photos and videos on it, so I thought an easy solution would be to get the 50gb iCloud storage at £0.79 per month and just move the photos/videos from the phone to iCloud which would free up a lot of space from the phone.

But I can’t figure out how to do this!

I have bought the 50gb iCloud storage but haven’t been able to move photos/videos to iCloud.
Is this even possible, or can you only copy photos/videos from phone to iCloud, meaning u can’t free up space on the iPhone?!?

I have been to the Apple store and they have said it can be done, but when I tried what they advised me when I got home, it didn’t work.

Could some kind person please tell me if it is possible to move photos/videos from iPhone to iCloud to free up storage on the iPhone.
If this is possible...could you please explain how I can do this (without risking losing the photos/videos).

Thanks

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Along with the above settings, ensure your phone is charging and is connected to WiFi overnight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.