Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoolDudePT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2014
Hi everybody! I tried my best searching for a similar situation but I was unable to find useful information, so any help is much appreciated.

I have an iPhone 6 from work and used to have a personal iPhone 4. All the good pictures I needed to take were taken with my work phone because it had a better camera overall. I have since upgraded to an SE and its camera beats the iPhone 6's, so all personal photos started to be taken from that phone since.

My problem at this point is that I have no clue how to get all my personal photos from the iPhone 6 to my personal account. I tried going through icloud.com and uploading them from a folder in my mac but stopped since icloud.com won't accept videos (and I'd like to keep those too).

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
Hi everybody! I tried my best searching for a similar situation but I was unable to find useful information, so any help is much appreciated.

I have an iPhone 6 from work and used to have a personal iPhone 4. All the good pictures I needed to take were taken with my work phone because it had a better camera overall. I have since upgraded to an SE and its camera beats the iPhone 6's, so all personal photos started to be taken from that phone since.

My problem at this point is that I have no clue how to get all my personal photos from the iPhone 6 to my personal account. I tried going through icloud.com and uploading them from a folder in my mac but stopped since icloud.com won't accept videos (and I'd like to keep those too).

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Not sure how many photos/videos you are talking, but you could always AirDrop them from your 6 to SE.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204144

CoolDudePT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2014
Hi everyone! Finally, done! Airdrop was the answer, thanks mattguy10. Tiresome since I couldn't copy more than 150 files consistently (Airdrop would fail and/or I would send 150 but target device stated only 50, for example), so it took a lot longer. In any case, done. I'm cleaning up my work iPhone 6 and backing up in order to upgrade to the XR I just got.

Thanks a million for all your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.