Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goomba478

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Hey guys, after a few weeks of waiting, I finally received my  Smart Keyboard to go along with the iPad Pro. So far I'm loving it and my productivity is going through the roof. The one exception to this is when it comes to Email using the Mail app.

I know that I can hit "Delete" to delete the currently selected Email, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to navigate the messages themselves using the keyboard. Having to physically touch the screen each time is really awkward ergonomically and I know there must be a way to do this. In Outlook on the Mac or in the Mail app on the Mac I've always just used the arrow keys, but on the iPad Pro Mail app this doesn't seem to have any effect.

Please let me know if you guys have any idea of what I'm referring to and if you have any suggestions. Thanks so much ^_^.

goomba478

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Ahhhh I just solved the mystery. You have to hold the COMMAND key and then use the arrow keys. Not sure why that's the case but it definitely works. I'll leave this thread here for anyone else having the same issue.

My goal is ultimate to use the keyboard commands as much as possible except for apps that truly require touch or for art programs and such :).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.