Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Hi everyone!

I have a question regarding my iphone 6 and ios11.
I just found out that one of the apps i have on my phone runs on a 32 bits system. Since apple have upgraded the ios 11 to only run 64 bits apps I can't open the app. I have looked up the developers on the internett and appstore, and they aren't anywhere to find so I don't think they will upgrade the app to support 64 bits.
I was wondering if any of you guys now if there is a way to open this app? I have a lot of memories (pictures, videos, etc.) that i would really like not going to waste.
I have tried resetting my iphone to a previous ios (ios 10), but itunes wouldn't let me and came with an error message. I have also tried synchronising my iphone with itunes and then recover it with an older iphone that runs ios 10, but itunes wouldnt let me. I'm really stuck her and i would really appreciate som thoughts and solution? Can I open the app if i jailbreak my iphone? Been trying figuring out this for hours now.

Thank you all for your answers and support.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Short answer - you can't. Apple removed the functionality. You'd have to go back to iOS 10 ... which is no longer signed so can't be installed from Apple.

UnifiedMelody

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2017
Australia
its called moving forward. By keeping old standard its just going to have a lot of impairments etc

On a sidenote no u cant so u have to part with them unfortunately... sad but tough also.

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
Do you have any backups in iTunes of your data, it might be possible for some backup application to extract whatever data you want from the old app, but it’s a long shot.

Apple1989

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Ok, thanks for the answer, guys! Much appreciated.
It sucks since i have a lot of memories on this app. Must have happened recently as i recall using this app some time in the last month or so.
I have a packup from my iphone from 2015, but i need a iphone that has ios 10 or eariler. Maybe i can try that and see if it works.
[doublepost=1514123340][/doublepost]This may be a studip question but is it possible to store/save a app, like this one i have trubble with opening because it's 32 bits, on some plattform/app, transfer it to an other iphone with example ios 10 and open it there?
[doublepost=1514123452][/doublepost]
Do you have any backups in iTunes of your data, it might be possible for some backup application to extract whatever data you want from the old app, but it’s a long shot.

I have synkronised my iphone in 2015 from itunes. Is it possible to find a iphone that has ios 10 or lower and try to synkroinse it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.