Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tim.peterson.1980

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2020
How to record all system audio on a Mac without custom MIDI setup?

I do not want a custom input/output channel in Audio MIDI and using Sunflower/BlackHole because of several reasons:
#1 My audio volume keyboard control does not work.
#2 Most VOIP apps think you have gets confused when having an obscure custom MIDI setup. And most building features of headphones and mics are not available.
#3 It's highly unreliable and i need to test it every day to make sure it works as expected.
Do i need to say more? The current solutions sucks.

Is there not a better way to do this in 2020? Such a pain that such i simple thing has to be so complicated. So far it's literally easiest to record it with a external dictaphone. I dont care about sounds quality just need the audio for reference when doing complex calls where i need to go through it again.

Most apps that record sets up this buggy MIDI setup as well. The app just do it for you (like screenflick) and are just as buggy and unreliable.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Audio Hijack seems to be what you need.

But... are you going to record the sound continuously while the Mac is on?
That's going to result in some LARGE files that eat up A LOT of space.
Although... Audio Hijack will "segment" files into "xxx minute" sections if you wish.

Reactions: tim.peterson.1980

brianmowrey

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2020
Their Piezo app is a very nice price. But my impression is, it's only for à la carte app recording.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.