Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmp3

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2020
I'm having a similar problem with my MacBook Pro automatically connecting to a "USB audio CODEC" when I join Zoom Calls. I have no idea where this CODEC came from, but I'd like to remove it.

Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 6.42.36 AM.png

When I search System/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL this is what I see:
Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 6.47.13 AM.png

When I log into each of those folders, I don't see anything titled "USB audio CODEC" and when I search in Finder I don't see an exact match.

I'm don't want to go deleting files only to find out I messed up my MBP in a major way.

Any advice?

Tophernl

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2020
The driver should be in the "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL" folder (It's the standard place for Core audio drivers)
Also made an account here to say thanks! Had a "Squirrels audio" audio device after uninstalling Airparrot2. Found a folder called SquirrelsLoopbackAudioDriver.driver which in the HAL folder and after removing the device was gone.

edreesmiraki

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2021
ik its a good few years late but bro I've tried all the steps you guys have said and its still there ? i went into the hal folder thingy and deleted the files but its still showing up :( also how do you do the file visibility thingy? PLEASE IF ANYONE READS THIS HELP PLZ ?
You deleted it?

I usually include an additional condition, File Visibility: Visible or Invisible, just in case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.