Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LaurynnElise

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2018
I'm trying to use a Blue Yeti USB mic and record in Logic. I was using it no problem for a few weeks and then it stopped sending signal to the computer. I had a bit of luck restarting Logic and/or the Mac, but that's no longer working. I plugged in my old Blue Snowball and it worked fine. My computer is recognizing the mic as the input device, just no signal. I have a theory that the issue might be caused by a screen recording program I had installed in the past, Apowersoft Screen Recorder. It caused audio issues in the past (kept defaulting the audio output to the program instead of the internal speakers or headphones), so I deleted it. But the program input and output is still an option in my audio settings. I'm wondering if that is causing the issue with my mic, or if it's the mic itself. Any help or ideas are appreciated! It's a brand new mic (used for 3 months with no issues), and the computer is about 2 years old. Screen shot of sound settings inserted Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.31.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.41.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.31.35 AM.png

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
You should be able to remove the Aggregate device in "Audio MIDI Setup".

For the actual device, try using a Finder search with name matches "apowersoft" and include system files in the conditions of the search. Delete the files it finds. Restart and see if the device is still listed.

Reactions: LaurynnElise

LaurynnElise

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2018
THANK YOU! I didn't know about the MIDI setup. I was able to remove one of the two "Apowersoft" Aggregate devices, which seemed to fix the output problem, and apparently my Yeti was muted in that setting. Thank you so much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.