Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I clicked on an icon in the dock. Some icons in the dock had a cross on the top left but tge one I wanted to remove from the dick has a minus sign. What is that? How do I remove it from the dock? Thanks

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
I clicked on an icon in the dock. Some icons in the dock had a cross on the top left but tge one I wanted to remove from the dick has a minus sign. What is that? How do I remove it from the dock? Thanks

The ones with a minus sign on the right of the dock are the Recents/Siri Suggestions icons. They will naturally swap out with usage but if you really want to remove one, hit the minus sign. IIRC though, that may prevent if from appearing there in future (not 100% on that though).

Reactions: hajime

ElysiumY2K

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2010
London
Lol some words you really need to proof read before you submit. I'm assuming you meant "dock" XD

If you are referring those last 3 apps to the right of the dock? You have recent apps option on.

To turn off:
  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Select Multitasking & Dock.
  4. Scroll down to the Dock section.
  5. Slide the toggle next to Show suggested and recent apps into the Off position.

Reactions: hajime

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Lol some words you really need to proof read before you submit. I'm assuming you meant "dock" XD

If you are referring those last 3 apps to the right of the dock? You have recent apps option on.

To turn off:
  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Select Multitasking & Dock.
  4. Scroll down to the Dock section.
  5. Slide the toggle next to Show suggested and recent apps into the Off position.

Sorry for the typos. Yes I meant Dock.

It is working. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.