Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Hello,

I have a menu bar item that I cannot remove. Trying CTRL+DRAG does nothing...the menu bar item just snaps back to the bar.

I don't have any open programs on the dock (other than the browser to post this thread).

Looking at the huge list of processes in System Monitor doesn't reveal anything obvious.

So, how can I determine what program is putting that menu bar item up there so I can remove it?

I have Bartender 4 (beta), but it doesn't give any way to remove the menu bar item beyond the above.

Thanks in advance for suggestions how to figure out how to remove that menu bar item!

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
I didn't see it there, but I found out that it was just a left over from a Forklift 3 install I tried (since PathFinder 9.4 had so many display bugs now).

Thanks!

Mork

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Upload a pic of it and I'm sure someone here will recognise it.
That's a great idea, but I finally figured it out. I had installed "Forklift 3" as a possible replacement for the buggy display issues in PathFinder 9.4 (that is, PathFinder's bugs). Apparently, I had not rebooted since removing Forklift 3.

Thanks!

Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.