Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I have a bunch of repeating events in a iCloud calendar shared with my partner. How do I delete the alerts for these events?

Sounds easy, but it’s not. I have removed the alerts and when saving I select “all future events”. Great. But the next day, some alerts are back. Always the ‘default‘ 15 minutes. What gives?

Last edited:

michelb76

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2016
I don't think you can, at least I have never made it work. They always come back unless you turn off the calendars.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
I don't think you can, at least I have never made it work. They always come back unless you turn off the calendars.
That doesn’t make any sense. Does this apply to calendars shared with you, or also calendars shared by you? What’s the line? In my case, it’s a calendar shared by me.

Also, why does the interface allow to change alerts, if they are reset after a while? That makes it feel like a bug rather than a limitation.

michelb76

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2016
It's probably a bug, I dunno. I have it with calendars shared with me, although most of them are Outlook calendars. For example I have 3 accounts in Calendar, and all 3 have a holidays calendar, so I get 3x the notifications even though I have disabled alerts for those. Drives me mad, so I turned them off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.