Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RenaissanceBrah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2023
I'm trying to get all my voice memo's, with their original name, onto a external hard drive.

(My filenames are all just the date of the recording).

(I was able to find this script for Windows, but not sure if there's something similar I could do on a Mac)

More Details:

I named the memos on my iPhone, in the Voice Memo's app, but when I locate them on my hard drive on my computer, they all have default names that are just the date created.

E.g. 20230405-23234.m4a instead of "Math Lecture April 4 2023.m4a" for example.

And I have 1500+ Voice Memo's which are very important to me, and I need to search through in the future.

(Running an iPhone XS with 14.5.1 and MacBook Pro with High Sierra 10.13.6)

Greybeard2017

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2020
Do you still have them on the phone? I just air dropped two memos as a test from iPhone to MacBook and they kept their titles as file names.

RenaissanceBrah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2023
Do you still have them on the phone? I just air dropped two memos as a test from iPhone to MacBook and they kept their titles as file names.
Thank you. With the new iOS update, I'm now getting the option to Airdrop en masse.

I was able to transfer over a few hundred Voice Messages, names intact.

However... For some reason my MacBook Pro abruptly decided to keep Declining any new airdrops from my iPhone. Now trying to fix that. Any idea what might be causing it? I restarted Bluetooth, WiFi, and both devices various times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.