Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stirfry2112

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I have a problem with my Jailbroken untethered ApplyTV2. Netflix has completely stopped working for no apparent reason, so I would like to restore it but do not want to loose my 4.4.4 firmware. How can I restore it without upgrading to the latest firmware/ maintain an untethered jailbreak?

Thanks all!

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
I have a problem with my Jailbroken untethered ApplyTV2. Netflix has completely stopped working for no apparent reason, so I would like to restore it but do not want to loose my 4.4.4 firmware. How can I restore it without upgrading to the latest firmware/ maintain an untethered jailbreak?

Thanks all!

Why not upgrading to 5.3 using the new Seas0nPass untethered JB?

Stirfry2112

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Thanks for the replies all.

Henry, I was thinking of this but it's been so long since I've done this, I was unsure how to do it. If I run SeasonPass again like it was stock/ unjailbroken, will it automatically upgrade me to 5.3 untethered?

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
The latest Seas0nPass software automatically updates the ATV2 to 5.3 and implements an untethered jailbreak.
AFAIK this still works since Apple didn't stop signing the 5.3 firmware yet. (Updated mine about 3 weeks ago)

Just visit Seas0nPass at http://seas0npass.com/ and dl the latest JB software.
I recommend to take the time and watch the video tutorial provided, particularly regarding when and how to put the device in DFU mode during JB installation.

Stirfry2112

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
Yeah, I'm not sure what I was thinking, it was a very easy fix. Just ran SeasonPass as usual and now running 5.3 Untethered with no problems.

Also, for those that are having Netflix issues as well, just be sure to upgrade to 5.3. My other appleTV 2 running 4.4.4 also stopped working, so it must be something netflix is no longer supporting (I assume it is the account profile selection is now mandatory for netflix users).

Thanks again Henry for all the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.