Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
I tried OCLP on my mac mini (Late 2009), but it is Stuck on "Less than a minute remaining...", now my mac mini is broken!

I select to recovery previous system but failed, then I open terminal, on volume /Volumes/Machintosh HD, I found folder /Previous System, there are all previous El Capitan syetem folders (Applications, Library, bin, boot, usr, ....).

Can I just copy these folder to root and restore previous system?
How can I restore my previous system easily?

I download El Capitan installer and use dmg2iso and dd to create USB on linux, but mac mini can't be booted from that USB, then I found /Volumes/Install OS X/InstallMacOSX.pkg on USB from terminal, I run as below
installer -pkg "/Volumes/Install OS X/InstallMacOSX.pkg" -target "/Volumes/Machintosh HD/"
I got messages
Installer: Warning - OS X v10.11.6 is already installed on this computer. Use the Updates page to install the 10.11 update or if you would like to download the full OS X installer click continue.
Installer: Error trying to locate volume at /Volumes/Macintosh HD/
by the way, I have no other Mac machine, but has linux and windows10.

Last edited:

ozarkcanoer

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I had the "Less than a minute ..." occur while using OCLP with a MacBook Pro 2008. I recreated the USB installer paying close attention to setting the target system to my MacBook Pro model then recreating the installer from my desired macOS version and writing the EFI partition data. Third attempt worked in getting Monterey running on that old MacBook that has only 5GB memory currently.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
I had the "Less than a minute ..." occur while using OCLP with a MacBook Pro 2008. I recreated the USB installer paying close attention to setting the target system to my MacBook Pro model then recreating the installer from my desired macOS version and writing the EFI partition data. Third attempt worked in getting Monterey running on that old MacBook that has only 5GB memory currently.
What do you mean "paying close attention to setting the target system to my MacBook Pro model "? can you tell me more detail?

ozarkcanoer

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
What do you mean "paying close attention to setting the target system to my MacBook Pro model "? can you tell me more detail?
What I meant was that selecting a Mac model isn’t an obvious step and I have to pay attention to do that before completing the writing of an installer. My suggestion is to give that choice more prominence in the UI of OCLP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.