Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imAmac23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
Having a problem trying to revert my(GSM) iphone 4s back to ATAT ...Its currently running sprint updated to 6.1.3 with firmware 3.4.03

Is it possible? ....would like to know ASAP thanks!:D

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Having a problem trying to revert my(GSM) iphone 4s back to ATAT ...Its currently running sprint updated to 6.1.3 with firmware 3.4.03

Is it possible? ....would like to know ASAP thanks!:D

A Sprint iPhone 4S can't be used on AT&T unless you're using a turbo sim.

elementary

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2012
Nope.

Your phone is GSM, but Sprint locks it just as Verizon does to prevent domestic US use on T-Mobile/AT&T.

There is no known way to circumvent the domestic unlock: third-party unlocks and the carrier's official unlocks only work for international GSM.

You're welcome to try novel methods like bizarre trick SIMs.

A more legitimate method is the TruPhone SIM, which would actually let you roam onto AT&T with a Sprint iPhone — the roaming rate is more than a normal dataplan ($30 for 200MB), but it's still far better than other international roaming rates.

FlyUnlock.com

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2013
Please also keep in mind that some of the carriers are CDMA while others are GSM. That might be a reason for inability to switch between them.

imAmac23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2012
Thank you guys for the help really saved me some time and money

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.