Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim.E.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2005
I know MACTheRipper can rip DVD's, but can it RIP mp3 CD's?

If not, do you guys know of any software that can rip mp3 cd's? ty

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
Jim.E. said:

I believe that iTunes can, but I 'm not sure. Can you just drag the MP3 files to a folder?

erickg

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2004
Jim.E. said:

iTunes comes to mind. Do you mean that the cd's that you want to rip are data cd's with mp3 files stored on them? If so, select all the files and open them with iTunes. iTunes will then import them into your library (unless you've turned this option of in the preferences pane).

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
If iTunes can't handle them, AFAIK you can just copy the files over to your computer, because really, Mp3 CDs are just data CDs in essence.

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
I think iTunes will only recognise an mp3 disc if burned through iTunes. Either way, as already stated, it is a data disc and the files can be located through Finder and dragged over to whichever folder you want.

I did this the other day when iTunes wasn't recognising my DVDs, so I used Nero to burn the disc instead. Opened the disc on a Mac and rather than trying to open through iTunes, (which I was fairly certain it wouldn't recognise anyway and don't think it did), I opened it up in Finder and then dragged the files to a playlist in iTunes. It copied all the files to the iTunes folder, but the principle applies to any folder you want to copy them to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.