Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lou-X

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2016
Hello,

I have a 13 inch macbook pro late 2016 (the one with two ports, and no touchbar).
At the moment my setup is: internal monitor + 1 LG 4K display ( LG 27UK600 Monitor 27" as main monitor)+ 1 BENQ 1080p (BenQ EW277HDR as side monitor)

I have just bought another fullhd BENQ ( BenQ EW2780 )at a very good price on amazon but now I'm struggling with these 2 ports and the TB3 docks on internet.

I'm trying to work out something with 1DP for the 4K display and 2 HDMI for the other two monitors. I was thinking about using the Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Standard Dock for 1DP + 1 HDMI and the original apple adopter on the other port for the other HDMI monitor.
But now reading online I'm not sure all the monitors will work together.

Can someone please confirm me I can run 2x fullHD display + 1x4K display + the internal monitor on my MBP?

Thank you,

Luca

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Can someone please confirm me I can run 2x fullHD display + 1x4K display + the internal monitor on my MBP?
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) has Intel Iris Graphics 540 and therefore can only connect 3 displays. The internal display counts as one. Therefore, only two external displays can be connected.

Maybe consider a DisplayLink adapter for additional displays.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.