Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
It may sound a stupid question but since I do use messages only for SMS because my carrier will charge me all extra as MMS, I’m not sure how to save Animoji and send them via WhatsApp.

I guess I should send to my contact, I’m not really sure if is possible and how can I know if message is using MMS or internet to send the content.

As far as I know there is no other way to save the video.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
So if you use WhatsApp then you do have internet access on your device. Why don’t you just send them via iMessage anyway?

al404

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2011
Novara, Italy
So if you use WhatsApp then you do have internet access on your device. Why don’t you just send them via iMessage anyway?

I have internet access on my phone and is not charged if I don't exceed my monthly quota but the person I want to send the Animoji to doesn't have an iPhone or apple account, my mobile operator told me that if I use imessage in that case the non text content is sent via MMS that in not included in my mobile phone plan

not sure if I can send the Animoji to my self over the same mobile number

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.