Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
There can only be one automation sequence. But it’s so easy to change the battery percentage sliders to whatever value you want that it’s not a hassle to change it.

Just as a FYI, the ultimate state of charge to keep the battery between to impart the least stress on the battery (so it will easily outlast the useful life of the phone) is keep it between 65% and 75%.

View attachment 1857734
Whew, that’s going to be tough… but I’ll try. 😁

Abodina

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2022
Automation for turning off charging plug after x percent.
sir, I have tried to apply what you sent in the form of"

How to set an automation to turn off charging​

" but it did not works for me. can you send more screen shots or Video, thanks a lot ,

Abodina

macrumors newbie
Dec 11, 2022
ok ok i got it . you mean

This is not something that can be done using the Shortcuts app alone, right?

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
Although this thread is iOS 15, I guess its topic is universally valid.
I was searching for a solution that works without Homekit or WiFi but uses any other trigger (Bluetooth, LED, Sound, ...).
But then I looked at the chart again and suddenly it doesn't seem worth anymore... unless I read it wrong:
Assuming I need 30% charge per day, I can use my phone from 75%-45% and charge it daily.
> Then I have 87,69% capacity left after 6000 cycles.
Or I can use it from 100%-40% and charge it only every two days.
> Then I have 86,85% capacity left after 3000 cycles.
The more convenient latter option results in a battery health only worse less than one percent (0,84 %)?

EDIT: In regard of the high number of cycles, it's probably hard to apply the findings to phone charging.

Attachments

• battery.png
    battery.png
    372.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

spaddywaddy

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2023
Hi,

I have got my smart plug to cut off when my iPhone is charging to 80%. However, how do I apply this to other devices such as my Apple Watch, IPad and MacBook when plugged? This automation seems to only work with my iPhone. I would like it to apply to which ever device is charging.

Thanks

arw

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2010
This automation seems to only work with my iPhone. I would like it to apply to which ever device is charging.
I can only speak for the iPhone/iPad. For each device you have to create an individual automation that triggers your shortcut.
For my MacBook I use AlDente which works independently of any smart plug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.