Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sstyle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Who knows how to set an exact volume level or set a step smaller? The step before is too quiet, the step after is too loud.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Headphones or built in speaker?

If you're talking about the headphones, you could use a mini jack volume adapter. Make sure it uses a dial to adjust the volume and not buttons.

Also, you could use the volume slider on there phone screen instead of the side buttons. You can adjust the volume to a finer level.

sstyle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
Sure I use a headphone out. Volume adapter is a workaround, but it is not good solution. Because it works like a resistor and change frequency response of iems.

Now I use a JB tweak and set step to 1\128. But it is too much too. 1 step ~ 1dB. My DAP FiiO X7 and another one Cayin N6 has step = 0.5dB.

And I plan to replace an iPhone to SE and it have not JB ((

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
There are some volume related accessibility settings that might help with something like that.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
There seems to be 16 steps from 100% to 0% which isn't very fine control.

I use the "Volume Mixer" tweak on my jailbroken iPhone which gives me complete control over all separate volumes but doesn't change the step control for the buttons.

sstyle

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
There seems to be 16 steps from 100% to 0% which isn't very fine control.

I use the "Volume Mixer" tweak on my jailbroken iPhone which gives me complete control over all separate volumes but doesn't change the step control for the buttons.
You should try "CustomVolumeStep" - it`s free and works with buttons.

But how to be without JB?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.