Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Hey guys,

I have a second screen connected to my mbp and was wondering how can I either set the second screen as master and have the mbp's as slave or how can I have menu bar on the second one so I can do all the controlling from the second one? Any ideas?

The reason why I wanna do that is that I have bigger screen with better resolution on the second and I want to have that for Maya whilst I have the mbp's screen with just the shot cam.

Please tell me there is a quick solution. Thank you very much in advance :)

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Unless something's changed in Lion, open System Preferences > Displays and you should be able to just drag the Menu Bar to the second display.

Reactions: Dr.Dhack

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Unless something's changed in Lion, open System Preferences > Displays and you should be able to just drag the Menu Bar to the second display.

Brilliant, thank you. That fixed it.
I was moving the whole screen etc. and didn't think it would be just matter of dragging the menu bar. Silly me.
Thank you so much for a fast response. Now I can go back to work :))

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Glad nothing's changed.

Btw: if you haven't already done it, you can position the second display in Display Prefs so that it mimics your physical setup. That way, when you move your cursor from one to the other, it moves naturally across the displays.

Freida

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 22, 2010
Glad nothing's changed.

Btw: if you haven't already done it, you can position the second display so that it mimics your physical setup. That way, when you move your cursor from one to the other, it moves naturally across the displays.

Yep, ive done that. Thank you. It was just the menu bar that was driving me crazy :)))
All sorted now, thanks for advice, really helped

Dr.Dhack

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks this worked i ****ed with the ports on the back of my mac pro until i saw your post:) worked like a charm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.