Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamstraor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
After updating my iphone4 to ios7.1 I'm no longer able to share the Internet connection with my laptop, which i was doing with the previous ios and the same divise. kindly help.:confused:

adamstraor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2014
I think yes because it was working till the updating and it is working on Iphone5.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
That's strange then. Have you tried simply restarting? And if that doesn't work perhaps resetting network settings if not all settings? And of course there's the restore if none of that does the trick.

hazuki

macrumors regular
May 17, 2013
Bali
mine doesn't work either after updating to iOS 7.1
it can't save the apn for tethering
i believe this is bug in 7.1 for iPhone 4

see this

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
mine doesn't work either after updating to iOS 7.1
it can't save the apn for tethering
i believe this is bug in 7.1 for iPhone 4

see this
If you have to set APN settings then perhaps you don't actually have a carrier plan that provides tethering/hotspot abilities in it?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
i don't think so, it was works perfectly before updating to 7.1 :(
Yeah, they changed things in 7.1 so that those with unsupported tethering by Apple/carriers wouldn't be able to just have the hotspot available to them. Why did you need to change some APN settings for it to work before (typically it should just work by turning it on and that's it)?

hazuki

macrumors regular
May 17, 2013
Bali
Yeah, they changed things in 7.1 so that those with unsupported tethering by Apple/carriers wouldn't be able to just have the hotspot available to them. Why did you need to change some APN settings for it to work before (typically it should just work by turning it on and that's it)?

Really? thats so bad, i thought it was bug in 7.1 :(

i'm using two different carriers on my iPhone (yeah i have to change the micro-sim)
while the other one is automatically type the APN settings and personal hotspot works perfectly
and the other one i have to type manually the APN settings which i can't since 7.1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.