Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kcjk88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
I have IOS 9.3 public beta 2 and have not upgraded to it yet on my settings - general - software update. How do I upgrade directly to 9.3 and skip the beta version?

I thought once 9.3 is ready to be upgraded, it will replace the public beta version on my settings? Or not?

Thanks

kch50428

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
North Iowa
How did you not get the other betas? It went to beta 7... delete the beta profile in Settings - and connect to iTunes and update.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I have IOS 9.3 public beta 2 and have not upgraded to it yet on my settings - general - software update. How do I upgrade directly to 9.3 and skip the beta version?

I thought once 9.3 is ready to be upgraded, it will replace the public beta version on my settings? Or not?

Thanks
Is another beta version showing? What device is this? 9.3 has been pulled for some of them.

kcjk88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
this is iphone 6 plus with ios 9.2. I signed up for beta testing and 9.3 public beta 2 has been sent to my phone but I have not upgraded it. Now 9.3 is out and I want to upgrade to 9.3 but how do I skip 9.3 beta and upgrade straight to 9.3?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
this is iphone 6 plus with ios 9.2. I signed up for beta testing and 9.3 public beta 2 has been sent to my phone but I have not upgraded it. Now 9.3 is out and I want to upgrade to 9.3 but how do I skip 9.3 beta and upgrade straight to 9.3?
Make sure that the beta is deleted (look for it in the manage storage area of settings and delete it from there), then make sure the beta profile is deleted, and then when you check for update you should be able to get the latest publicly released version.

kcjk88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
hi, can you be a bit more detailed, i went intot he manage storage area and could not find the beta thing. Can you write down step by step? Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
hi, can you be a bit more detailed, i went intot he manage storage area and could not find the beta thing. Can you write down step by step? Thanks
Perhaps beta wasn't downloaded then? What do you see when you go to check for software update?

kcjk88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2016
i solved the problem. Thanks. Have you updated to ios 9.3 full version? any bugs or problems?

Pspressart

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Make sure that the beta is deleted (look for it in the manage storage area of settings and delete it from there), then make sure the beta profile is deleted, and then when you check for update you should be able to get the latest publicly released version.
I just went to General ->Software Update a day after 9.3 was released and I was prompted to download and install 9.3 - the release version. I didn't have to delete the profile. This worked on my iPhone 6s, my iPad Pro, and my iPod Touch.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
After 7+ betas when iOS 9.3 dropped I dfu restores and set up as new from Mac. I usually always set up as new but since betas haven't. I've noticed better battery life, smoother animations but could just have been 9.3. I did put the beta profile back on afterwards...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.