Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Just cause some guy on a random blog said he restored and the throttling issues are gone doesn’t mean it magically will stay that way...

I’d tell him: “You just wiped your phone completely, no duh it might take a few days for the phone to start throttling itself again.” :rolleyes:

hipsheik

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2008
There's going to be quite an uptick in battery replacements moving forward . .

I did it for my 6S a couple of months ago before all of this news broke out and it was like getting a new phone.

firewood

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Just cause some guy on a random blog said he restored and the throttling issues are gone doesn’t mean it magically will stay that way...

I’d tell him: “You just wiped your phone completely, no duh it might take a few days for the phone to start throttling itself again.” :rolleyes:

And why might an iPhone that runs fast start to run slower a few days later with no OS or setting changes?
[doublepost=1514058788][/doublepost]Has anyone actually tried this to see if it speeds up a slow iPhone? (full backup and restore)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.