Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyx181x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Hi there, I got an iPhone 12 Pro Max running the latest iOS. I only been able to find one post on this but it’s becoming incredibly annoying that I can be playing Spotify at home but the moment my car connects it switches to apply music.

I switch over back to Spotify but the Apple Music always wants to just play the last song over and over again. I tried Google searching solutions and the common recommendation is to look for an ink dirt symbol to stop the auto play but it isn’t there.

I also tried turning off cellular data for the Apple Music but it’s playing music I have saved on the phone. I also tried turning off AirPlay/handoff and that doesn’t work either.

I drive a 2015 car that has a touch screen with multimedia options but it doesn’t have Apple CarPlay software.

Any other suggestions be really helpful, especially if I can I just set Spotify as my default app.

Reactions: russell_314

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I think this is just one of those things that people accept as normal when it comes to iPhones.

I’ve had the same problem and the only solution that I found that works is delete the Music app. Of course that means you won’t be able to listen to music on Apple Music

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
It depends on the Bluetooth device to which you connect. I've had rental cars that would start playing the first song, alphabetically, in the Music app. For that, I created a 3 minute song (plenty of time to get things figured out) of complete silence, named it "AAA Silence" or something like that, and added it to Apple Music.

As to starting the last song played…I dunno.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
Try deleting the Music app from your iPhone and download a fresh copy from the App Store. I was having a similar issue that seems to be resolved by deleting and reinstalling the Music app. You will need to resync your music again.

Reactions: b17777
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.