Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rakan

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Well i started having problems with cydia once i updated to 4.2.1. I think i might have installed a package and cydia did not like the combination of packages and sources that i had on my phone. Every time i would scroll down to the letter I it would crash. I tried lots of things like iFile, SSHing, and deleting sources and trying to reinstall using Terminal. The most simplest way you can rid of this problem is to download Icy and uninstall the package you crash on through that client. Sorry if it's been posted but i found this helpful. :apple:

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I've had the same issue and found I could locate packages I wanted to delete via the new feature, "Manage My Account" on Cydia's home page.

poose22

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2010
Well i started having problems with cydia once i updated to 4.2.1. I think i might have installed a package and cydia did not like the combination of packages and sources that i had on my phone. Every time i would scroll down to the letter I it would crash. I tried lots of things like iFile, SSHing, and deleting sources and trying to reinstall using Terminal. The most simplest way you can rid of this problem is to download Icy and uninstall the package you crash on through that client. Sorry if it's been posted but i found this helpful. :apple:

Updating Cydia to 1.0.3366-7 fixed this to me. Simple fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.