Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4PPC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2015
How do you stop your Mac from Verifying an App, I read every where online about disabling Gatekeeper and all that but none of it tells you how you can stop your Mac from Verifying an App. I am not having trouble installing Apps when I download an App from the internet once my Mac verifies it I click on Open and it doesn't ask me anymore for that App. What I am having a problem with is I don't want my Mac Verifying Apps anymore or one App in particular I am trying to load the Xcode App for El Capitan and I downloaded it from Apple Developer but my Mac tries to verify it every time and it's like 12gb and it takes a hour to verify and by the time it gets near the end of it's verification it slows my computer down and does not want to finish. I don't need to verify Xcode.

How can I turn off Verification on my Mac? And I don't want to just disable Gatekeeper, I want to get rid of the Verifying of Apps.

Here is a image of what I am referring to
Xcode.jpg

G4PPC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2015
Is okay I think it's something wrong with the Xcode App I have, no matter what I try I can't get it to Verify. Seems I don't need to turn off Verification. Xcode just won't finish verifying it gets all the way to the end of it and does nothing.

Does anyone know if Xcode 8.2.1 works with El Capitan? Or what are the hardware requirements for Xcode 8.2.1?

I am redownloading it now if it doesn't work this time I'm going download Xcode 8.2 or an early version.

Edit: I waited 3 and a half hours for it to finish verifying and then it says "You can’t open the application “Xcode.app” because it is not responding" So I guess I can't use 8.2.1 for some reason I downloaded it on the laptop I am trying to install it on and it is soppose to work for El Capitan so it doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

jahbuzzz

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2009
This is a really frustrating problem. I use creative suite and Microsoft office and every time I try too open an app I get the dreaded Verify popup.

G4PPC

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2015
Well after nearly a whole year later I finally managed to install Xcode on El Capitan but I got version 7.3.1, what you have to do is log in and download the Xcode on the Computer you are going use it on so for El Capitan you have to get Chromium Legacy to still be able to log on to the Apple Developer Website and download it, I got 7.3.1 cause it came in a DMG and not the new Xip format, and once I copied it into Applications the 10gb Xcode.app and ran it, it did not even try any verification I just had to click agree to the License Agreement and Now I have Xcode 7.3.1.

FptpcL7WAAEabbq.png

This would probably work with Xcode 8.2.1 that is suppose to be the last Version of Xcode for El Capitan but I was too lazy to try that after I already got Xcode 7.3.1 installed.

If you want to know what is the last versions of Xcode supported by whatever MacOS you are running is go on Google or any search engine and type Xcodereleases.com and press enter and then go to that site.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.