Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deadlift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2016
I'm losing my mind with itunes. I am not an idiot but wtf.

1) half the time when I get music and playlists on my iphone, and leave for the day, if i open itunes up on the laptop. it wipes all music from my phone. awesome. i suspect it's wireless sync is on, but why would it wipe my music?

2)is there a way to sync music that works? last night, i added a playlist to my iphone, hit sync, and boom. all music gone. WTF itunes.

3)itunes currently shows tons of playlists and albums on my iphone when i bring up the phone/music screen. is any of it on my phone / NOPE! it was there yesterday until i moved a playlist

4) today i managed to move the playlist and sync, and ONLY that playlist is on the phone. So phone has 15 songs, itunes says there are 900 that were synced. what am i doing wrong?

ios 9, 6+plus 64 gb, itunes 12.4 on a mac. have always always had issues. I dont' see how if things are checked to sync, and i hit sync, nothing goes over.

chinanderm

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2014
Iowa
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you have iTunes Music Library turned on on your device (Settings -> Music), iTunes will not sync music to your device directly, but it will over iCloud. Due to this, long gone are the days of manually managing the music on your device via iTunes.

However, I believe that if you turn off iCloud Music Library (on iOS), you can then sync the music directly from iTunes. I have not (and will not) try this to confirm, but I believe that this is the case.

deadlift

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2016
show apple music is off, genius is off, and no iTunes match, no setting for iCloud Music library even shown.

It syncs sometimes. but typically i have to unclick everything, sync, then reclick to get it to go. Which sucks to do everytime i have a playlist

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.