Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSG

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone actually manages to take a FaceTime call on Apple TV. I quite successfully managed to initiate FaceTime calls from my Apple TV with the iPhone mounted in landscape mode and the camera actually working nicely.

However when I try to move a FaceTime call from my iPhone or iPad to Apple TV it pushes the picture from the device to Apple TV, but it fails to start up the continuity camera and the microphone. When I activate the camera from the control center on Apple TV, the call is ended.

It’s an incredible feat it works at all, but being unable to take a FaceTime call right from Apple TV when the iPhone/iPad-camera is already connected, is a feature choice that I can’t wrap my head around.

What are your experiences with this?

Best regards
VSG

enigmatut

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
MA
Sorry for not having better news, but I've basically had the same experience.
That said, on two occasions the transfer from phone to AppleTV was successful ... but I couldn't tell you what, if anything, I did differently 🤷‍♂️
For now I'm chalking it up to early-version-glitchiness and hoping the .1 update is a fix.

Reactions: VSG
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.