Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balcis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
I've bought a 2nd hand ipad, still shows 8 months of warranty (as serial no check and support app) and on settings no sign of replacement battery etc. but when I check analysis part I see 2 lines of information as:

"last_value_BatterySerialChanged":true,

"last_value_OriginalBattery":0

what does this mean? I've searched and also seen from people that even with original battery the 2nd line seems to result "null" so is it like replaced with original battery or not replaced at all? bothered me, thanks.

balcis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
BTW its manufacturer seems sunwoda on coconut battery and as I've checked they are one of the main battery suppliers for apple products; which I presume could also be faked.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
The entire iPad is replaced when you take it into Apple for a battery replacement, yet I'm not sure how that impacts the analytics section.

balcis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
The entire iPad is replaced when you take it into Apple for a battery replacement, yet I'm not sure how that impacts the analytics section.
May be it’s been taken to a 3rd party repair shop.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
May be it’s been taken to a 3rd party repair shop.
Maybe… but what would be the point, if it’s only 4 months old? (8 mos warranty left)

The far more likely scenario, is that what you’re reading on “analysis” doesn’t mean what you think.

Reactions: kitKAC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.