Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corys00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 6, 2011
I've made a decision to go all in with Apple and make their product line my primary for as much as possible. I've thought a bit about it but as I'm already using an iPad Air 2, MBR, Apple Watch and an iPhone 6s, I want to see how my experience is if I stay as much in the Apple ecosystem as possible. I've not been able to find a good guide that I can follow to transfer things around.

My main areas of focus are:

1. I want to move all my photos and videos I've accumulated that are either uploaded to Google Photos or Dropbox to iCloud (I am starting with the 50 GB plan, I only have about 3 GB total of videos and photos.
  2. I'd LOVE to move my playlists over from Spotify to Apple Music.
  3. Move all saved passwords from Google Chrome's sync password feature to Safari (or would 1Password be better?)
I'm thinking I can download all photos and videos from both Google and Dropbox to my laptop and then move them to iCloud. I'm hoping I can keep the geolocation/time info I've accumulated so far so I could use Photos to organize (is that even possible?)

For the Spotify to Apple Music, STAMP looks to accomplish that. I need to read up some on it, but if anyone's used it, I'd love to hear from you.

The last part is the passwords - I'm all ears on this, I really would love not needing to enter passwords and usernames over again, there's a lot that would need to be done.

Suggestions/Advice always welcomed. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.