Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starbai

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
New to iPhones, on my Android, If I connect to my portable bluetooth speaker, I can shut off the phone functions so that when I answer the phone it automatically lets me talk to the handset and does not route the call to the speaker first?

I dont want the first few words, or any of my conversation going to my bluetooth speaker. I just want it to play audio/music and nothing else.... on android it was simple as toggling phone functions off for that specific bluetooth device. I dont see that option on iphone... is there a way to do it?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
New to iPhones, on my Android, If I connect to my portable bluetooth speaker, I can shut off the phone functions so that when I answer the phone it automatically lets me talk to the handset and does not route the call to the speaker first?

I dont want the first few words, or any of my conversation going to my bluetooth speaker. I just want it to play audio/music and nothing else.... on android it was simple as toggling phone functions off for that specific bluetooth device. I dont see that option on iphone... is there a way to do it?
Have you tried the options at Settings > General > Accessibility > Call Audio Routing ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.