Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexandr

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
I can't seem to find a way to disable Screen Time. The "Turn off Screen Time" button isn't there. Any ideas?

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
At the bottom of the Screen Time page in settings, there is a “Turn off App and Website Activity.” I tapped on that, and it asks for the screen time passcode then gives a confirmation prompt that says “Screen Time will no longer be recorded and all limits and downtime settings will be turned off.”

So it seems as though the button has been renamed but should still behave the same way…

Reactions: alexandr

alexandr

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099
At the bottom of the Screen Time page in settings, there is a “Turn off App and Website Activity.” I tapped on that, and it asks for the screen time passcode then gives a confirmation prompt that says “Screen Time will no longer be recorded and all limits and downtime settings will be turned off.”

So it seems as though the button has been renamed but should still behave the same way…
How peculiar... So, I don't have anything at the bottom — the last thing is "Share across devices", however I do have something similar in the Limit Usage section — is that what you're referring to? But going off that, it appears I don't have it turned on, as it reads "Turn On App & Website Activity".. :D

alexandr

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
11201-121099

Yes! That's what it was, once I turned it on — the button did appear at the bottom to turn it off... THANK YOU!!!

Reactions: NoGood@Usernames

NoGood@Usernames

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2020
United States
How peculiar... So, I don't have anything at the bottom — the last thing is "Share across devices", however I do have something similar in the Limit Usage section — is that what you're referring to? But going off that, it appears I don't have it turned on, as it reads "Turn On App & Website Activity".. :D
Ah ha! That’ll do it 😀 Glad I could help!

Reactions: alexandr
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.