Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lisamel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Hi,

My sister just updated to ios 10 and is experiencing major problems with voice control. Even when she isnt speaking the iphone will call random peopel, turn on music etc.

She had siri switched off, so I told her to turn it on, but it doesnt help. Every time she uses the home button something will happen with voice control.

So is there any way to actually this it off? I couldnt find it when searching for ios 10.

Thank you!

6kings

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2013
I have the same problem with voice control when unlocking the phone - way too sensitive.
Apple should allow you to turn it off......but they don't.

The only solution to stop random phone calls is to disable voice dial (settings > touch ID & passcode > toggle voice dial).

lisamel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
Oslo, Norway
I have the same problem with voice control when unlocking the phone - way too sensitive.
Apple should allow you to turn it off......but they don't.

The only solution to stop random phone calls is to disable voice dial (settings > touch ID & passcode > toggle voice dial).

I have asked her to try that now, thanks. For some reason its not possible to turn on Siri either, so hopefully Apple will fix it.

Poncho

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Holland
Came here looking for answer to same problem. It's ridiculous that turning on Voice Control means Siri disappears and yet the only way to turn Voice Control back off, according to Apple, is to go through Siri. Which you can't because it no longer exists.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Reactions: IrishVixen

beernut

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2016
Here's a clever workaround in the meantime

Go to Settings -> Siri. Enable Siri, change the language to either "Turkish" or "Hebrew". Turn off Siri. No more Voice Dialing while pressing the Home button for too long.

Jbrey411

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2018
Hi,

My sister just updated to ios 10 and is experiencing major problems with voice control. Even when she isnt speaking the iphone will call random peopel, turn on music etc.

She had siri switched off, so I told her to turn it on, but it doesnt help. Every time she uses the home button something will happen with voice control.

So is there any way to actually this it off? I couldnt find it when searching for ios 10.

Thank you!
Have you figured it out yet?
[doublepost=1540363940][/doublepost]
Came here looking for answer to same problem. It's ridiculous that turning on Voice Control means Siri disappears and yet the only way to turn Voice Control back off, according to Apple, is to go through Siri. Which you can't because it no longer exists.
Have you figured out how to do this yeah I heard the only way to turn off this through Siri but it will not turn off by listening to music

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.