Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sautelateacher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2020
Hi Friends,

My cousin got this MacBook Air and now he is unable to sync the iPhone because of some storage issues (he thinks), however he would like to upgrade the storage now. How do we go about that?

1602697060872.png

How to find out if it supports a M.2 or Sata one though the site says configurable upto 512 GB. However, I have read in few posts and threads that few machines come up with embedded storage and not possible to upgrade?

1602697230507.png

Have you guys upgraded yours for this Model? Please provide the links to buy the same

Regards

xboxbml

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
Hi Friends,

My cousin got this MacBook Air and now he is unable to sync the iPhone because of some storage issues (he thinks), however he would like to upgrade the storage now. How do we go about that?

View attachment 966526

How to find out if it supports a M.2 or Sata one though the site says configurable upto 512 GB. However, I have read in few posts and threads that few machines come up with embedded storage and not possible to upgrade?

View attachment 966528

Have you guys upgraded yours for this Model? Please provide the links to buy the same

Regards
Nah.. read this.. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/upgrading-2013-2014-macbook-pro-ssd-to-m-2-nvme.2034976/

I did my Early 2015 MBA with m.2 NVMe drive.. Works great!.. and a bit cheaper and better than OWC.. Read throughly.. and if he has a TM backup, I think should be able to boot off that drive into recovery and restore from it to new drive.. I had previously made a bootable Catalina USB so I booted off that and restored from TM... I got the 2tb XPG ADATA SX8200 Pro SSD w/small Sintech adapter. Sorry so many edits..

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.